Bankruptcy Attorneys in Paterson, New Jersey
Passaic County, NJ Bankruptcy Lawyers Can Help You File for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13
Individuals overwhelmed by debt are not alone. Millions of people across the United States and in New Jersey face serious financial challenges. Three-quarters of a million people across the country filed for bankruptcy in 2016 under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. This law allows qualifying consumers to have some or all of their debts forgiven or to extend the repayment schedule. The two primary types of individual bankruptcy are Chapter 7 and Chapter 13, named after the two chapters in the statute covering bankruptcy.
Call an Essex County, NJ Bankruptcy Lawyer
Consumers thinking about bankruptcy should know that these two options do not represent a choice. A person qualifies for one or the other. If you face serious financial problems and are considering bankruptcy, talk to an experienced bankruptcy lawyer to find out about your options. Call the Passaic County and Essex County, NJ law firm of Silverman & Roedel, LLC to find out if bankruptcy can help you. Contact us at 973-772-6411 or via our convenient online contact form.
Two Primary Types of Individual Bankruptcy
When you visit our downtown Clifton office, or our office in Newark, NJ, to learn about your bankruptcy options, our attorneys will talk with you about the two main types of consumer bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
Chapter 7 bankruptcy is a program that allows individuals with few assets and little income to have some or all of their debts forgiven. This allows them to make a fresh financial start. Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows individuals who do not qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy to reorganize their debts and extend the length of time over which the debts can be paid. During the initial consultation, our lawyers will determine the type of bankruptcy for which you qualify.
Why Contact Our Northern New Jersey Bankruptcy Attorneys?
You can choose among many bankruptcy lawyers in northern New Jersey, so why pick Silverman & Roedel? We believe that the answer is simple:
- Size: We are not a bankruptcy mill. Rather, we are a small law firm that offers clients individual solutions tailored to their specific circumstances.
- Knowledge: We know the intricacies of bankruptcy law and use that knowledge to develop repayment plans and other documents that are acceptable to the court.
- Experience: Our attorneys have many decades of experience helping clients during difficult periods in their lives. In addition to helping people make a fresh financial start through bankruptcy, we also help those who were injured, seeking compensation that will give them a new beginning after an injury.
- Location: Our offices are in downtown Clifton, with elevator access and plenty of parking.
- Language: Our staff is Spanish-speaking. Se habla español.
Contact Our Clifton, NJ Bankruptcy Lawyers. Free Consultation.
If you believe that bankruptcy might be a solution to your financial problems, talk to us. Call Silverman & Roedel, LLC, at 973-772-6411 or contact us online to learn about your bankruptcy options. We offer free consultations, so it costs nothing to learn about your rights and options under the law. We are prepared to assist people with bankruptcy in Passaic, Paterson, Newark, East Orange, Garfield, Hackensack, and anywhere else in New Jersey.
Se habla español
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.