Burlington Man Killed in Wrong-Way Auto Accident

Burlington Man Killed in Wrong-Way Auto AccidentKenneth McRae, a 31-year-old resident of Burlington, was killed in the evening hours of July 28th as a result of a head-on collision with another vehicle.

Burlington Resident Killed in Head-on Collision

McRae was riding with two other passengers in a Volkswagen Passat late in the evening. At around 11:45 P.M., a Ford Explorer driving southbound in a northbound lane suddenly appeared and smashed directly into the front of the Passat. The head-on collision killed McRae on impact. The two passengers and the driver of the Ford were taken to the hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries. The driver of the Ford, Henry Arevalo-Martinez, was going in the wrong direction when the car accident occurred. Lt. Darren Zappley of the Trenton Police Department confirmed that alcohol was “probably” a contributing factor in the crash. Arevalo-Martinez sustained a broken hip. After receiving medical treatment, he was charged with vehicular homicide.

Contact New Jersey’s Trusted Car Accident Attorneys at Silverman & Roedel Today

When a driver chooses to get behind the wheel intoxicated, they can be charged with a crime. Victims who are injured in such accidents have a legal right to pursue compensation from the negligent party. Sadly, a driver’s drunken decision to get behind the wheel can have life-altering consequences for both the driver and any other victims injured in an accident. Tragically, McRae’s life was ended by a short-sighted decision that could’ve been avoided. Our compassionate attorneys at Silverman & Roedel understand the frustration and pain that comes along with being injured by another person’s negligence. We will fight tirelessly to help you collect the financial compensation you deserve. Reach out to us now using our online contact form.

The articles on this blog are for informative purposes only and are no substitute for legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact our law firm directly.