Workplace Injuries Attorney in Clifton, New Jersey
Passaic County Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Help Workplace Accident Victims Get Compensated for Injuries
People frequently believe that Workers’ Compensation benefits are only for catastrophic injuries or that an injured worker must prove that the employer was negligent. Neither of these are true: Workers’ Compensation in New Jersey covers all injuries that occur on the job, whoever was at fault.
Causes of Work Injuries
At the Paterson, New Jersey law firm of Silverman & Roedel, LLC, our lawyers help clients obtain benefits for workplace injuries and illnesses sustained while:
- Pushing, pulling, and lifting.
- Driving cars, trucks, vans, forklifts, earth-moving equipment, and any other type of vehicle.
- Performing repetitive motions that cause strains and sprains.
- Sitting in ergonomically dangerous chairs, benches, or other types of seats.
- Standing on hard floors or inappropriate floor coverings.
- Operating dangerous machinery or machinery without proper guards.
- Being exposed to chemicals and noxious fumes such as exhaust, methane gas, benzene, other petroleum products, and sulfur dioxide.
- Breathing particulates and dust.
- Being hit by falling or unsecured equipment and tools.
- Slipping and falling on wet floors and surfaces.
- Being exposed to high-decibel noise.
- Being burned in an explosion or fire, or while using tools such as welding equipment.
- Breathing smoke, dust, and toxic gasses.
- Tripping and falling over cables, tools, loose carpet, and other obstacles.
- Sustaining an electrical shock or burn.
These are just a few of the causes of work-related injuries. Call us to find out if your accident qualifies as work related.
Types of Work Injuries in NJ
Our law firm represents workers who suffered:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and other head injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Eye injuries
- Loss of hearing
- Broken limbs and extremities
- Breathing and lung problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, and other repetitive motion and overuse injuries
- Occupational diseases such as dermatitis, eczema, asthma, lead poisoning, and cancer
Our lawyers help injured workers obtain medical treatment, temporary disability benefits, and permanent disability payments. Because these benefits are calculated based on the employee’s wages, it is important that all payments are included in the calculation. Making this happen is one of the things that we do to ensure that our clients receive maximum Workers’ Compensation benefits. We also file motions when the insurance company denies full benefits, arguing before a Workers’ Compensation judge for reconsideration.
Questions About Eligibility for Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Wayne, New Jersey? Call Today.
If you suffered an injury or illness at work and did not receive full Workers’ Compensation benefits, contact our Passaic County law firm. Call Silverman & Roedel, LLC at 973-772-6411 or fill out the online form to schedule a free consultation at one of our offices in Newark or Clifton, NJ. You may also visit our Workers’ Compensation FAQ page for more details about work-related injuries.
Se habla español